I celebrated my birthday this month and wanted to share a few lessons I have learned along the way,
1. Trust in YOUR process. It's easy to compare yourself to others and wonder why you are not progressing as much as they are. But you have to know that their process is just that, theirs.
2. Have faith. Whether this is in God, in yourself or people. Faith has taken me a long way and I'm certain it will continue to do so.
3. Patience, Prayer and Preparation. This is practically how I get through life.
4. Find your purpose. This is the why behind everything you do.
5. Cultivate your passion. Seeing your idea through takes a lot of hard work and dedication.
6. Be your authentic self. Unless you can BE YONCÉ.
7. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. My greatest moments of growth have happened when I am the least comfortable.
8. Growth is gradual. It’s not something that happens overnight, it’s a journey.
9. Life happens. There are days when it feels like the entire world is against me but I’ve learned to keep going because it always gets better.
10. Find people you aspire to be like and have them become your mentors.
11. Lift as you climb. Be sure to encourage and help others in the same way your mentors have done for you.
12. Never forget your roots and the shoulders of giants on which you stand.
13. It takes a village. I am a proud product of a community of people that have shared their wisdom, knowledge, expertise, and opportunities to help me become the woman I am today.
14. Live in the present. You can’t move forward looking backwards.
15. Travel and Travel often. I know you must think I have an unlimited amount of capital, a rich family or an unlimited amount of sponsors and PTO. And I hate to break it to you but I don't. I just work my 9 to 5 and make traveling a priority.
16. “You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.”-Edith Head
17. You don't always get what you want. In life, there may be times you sought after things that didn’t work in your favor. In the long run, I have found these to be a blessing in disguise.
18. Don't spend too much time worrying about things that won't be relevant a few months or years from now.
19. Don’t let circumstances define who you are and your bigger purpose.
20. Closed mouths don't get fed. If the worst thing people can say to you is no, you should be asking more.
21. You never truly lose. You either win or learn.
22. Pick your battles. Something’s are not worth your energy or time.
23. Family is the greatest blessing in life.
24. Practice gratitude daily.
Photos By: Sam Fu
Thank you for reading and for being a part of my journey:)